myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Luhtala Santeri <Santeri.Luht...@profitsoftware.com>
Subject RE: [Tomahawk] - Both MyFaces and the RI are on your classpath
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:25:32 GMT
Have You tried making a server level custom classloader and then make a shared library with
your JSF jars in it and use that shared lib with the custom classloader?
That was the only way I could avoid the problems with WAS built-in JSF impl.

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin Ahrer [mailto:martin.ahrer@gmx.at]
Sent: 11. elokuuta 2008 14:58
To: users@myfaces.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Tomahawk] - Both MyFaces and the RI are on your classpath

Simon,

I'm trying to do something (probably) similar: Porting a JBoss Seam JSF RI
1.2 app to WebSphere 6.1. I have been running into many problems.
Now I'm stuck with an exception at startup
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Application was not properly initialized at
startup, could not find Factory: javax.faces.context.FacesContextFactory
        at javax.faces.FactoryFinder.getFactory(FactoryFinder.java:267)
        at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.init(FacesServlet.java:164)

For this I actually created a fresh JSF 1.2 appplication with no other
dependencies than JSF 1.2 (It starts and works on Tomcat 6.x).

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that it would not be wise to use
WebSphere 6.1 + JSF 1.2 at all. The built-in JSF is in
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer_2.0.0.jar which contains other ibm packages as well.
I haven't yet tried to remove the built-in JSF impl 1.1 from my WebSphere
installation - I don't think that one would get support from IBM if they
would do so in a production environment.

I find it strange that JBoss is describing a WebSphere deployment for it's
Seam framework in
http://docs.jboss.org/seam/2.0.3.CR1/reference/en-US/html/websphere.html
Chapter 35  when it seems to cause major troubles.

Since there have been a few months sínce this posting I'm corious if
somebody has been successful with this one!

Thanks, Martin

-----
http://www.martinahrer.at/blog http://www.martinahrer.at/blog