myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Silverman, Glenn" <GSilver...@dylt.com>
Subject RE: How can I create a session scoped Trinidad menu model
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:40:24 GMT
I'm still in a quandry. I tried using ChildPropertyMenuModel and that turns out
to be a nightmare just configuring in faces-config.xml, and, I could not get
it to work using the "level" attribute on NavigationPane control to retrieve the children
nodes.

So, I'm back to trying to get XMLMenuModel to work. Does anyone know why you can't create
it in
session scope and/or, is there a work-around?

Here's simple web app anyone can easily set up that demonstrates the problem.

menu-metadata.xml:
<menu xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/menu">
  <itemNode id="gin1" label="Global 0"
              focusViewId="/index.jspx">
    <itemNode id="in1" label="Tab 1" destination="index.jspx"
              focusViewId="/index.jspx">
    </itemNode>
    <itemNode id="in2" label="Tab 2" destination="index.jspx"
    		focusViewId="/index.jspx"/>
  </itemNode>
  <itemNode id="gin1" label="Global 1"
            destination="index.jspx"
            focusViewId="/index.jspx"/>
  <itemNode id="gin2" label="Global 2"
            destination="index.jspx" focusViewId="/index.jspx"/>
</menu>

Faces-config.xml:
<faces-config
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_1_2.xsd"
    version="1.2">
  <application>
    <!-- Use the Trinidad RenderKit -->
    <default-render-kit-id>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.core</default-render-kit-id>

   </application>

   <!-- managed bean menu model -->
     <managed-bean>
       <managed-bean-name>root_menu</managed-bean-name>
       <managed-bean-class>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.model.XMLMenuModel</managed-bean-class>
       <managed-bean-scope>request</managed-bean-scope>
       <managed-property>
         <property-name>source</property-name>
         <value>/WEB-INF/menu-metadata.xml</value>
       </managed-property>
     </managed-bean>
</faces-config>

Index.jspx
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" standalone="yes" ?>
<jsp:root version="1.2"
  xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"
  xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
  xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad">
  <jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>
  <f:view>
          <f:facet name="branding">
          </f:facet>
            <f:facet name="separator">
  			</f:facet>
		           	<f:facet name="nodeStamp">
			                  text="#{foo.label}"
			                  action="#{foo.doAction}"/>
		              </f:facet>
				           	<f:facet name="nodeStamp">
					                  text="#{foo.label}"
					                  action="#{foo.doAction}"/>
				              </f:facet>
  </f:view>
</jsp:root>

Index.jspx just has a left-side tree pane that uses the menu and a panel layout that uses
the level 1 menu
items as tabs. The page has a single button that when clicked, shows the focusRowKey of the
selected menu
item.

Clicking the button twice always takes you back to focusRowKey=[0] the first menu item, which
in
this case is the itemNode, "Global 0", no matter what tab you selected. That's because the
menu is
in request scope. I've tried everything I can think of to capture the selected node in session
and
even pageFlowScope. but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone been able to solve this issue. If not, then I will have to go back to Ajax4jsf,
or some other
JSF implementation to use in my apps.

Glenn...