myfaces-users mailing list archives

From John Carlson <carlso...@llnl.gov>
Subject Re: JSF: Multiple browser windows sharing Same session
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 03:29:33 GMT
You would keep state on the client by rewriting your application as a
java application (using Java Web Start for example).  That probably
is not acceptable to you or your management.  Thus you are left with
session management--returning the right view based on where the user
is in your web site.  That is what tools like Orchestra and Spring
Web Flow provide.

bansi wrote:

>Hi Zummy,
>How do i keep the state on client.
>What are the pros & cons of this approach
>

>Zummy wrote:
> >
> > Answer:  keep the state on the client.  Have you considered Spring
> > Web Flow, or are you stuck on an old version of Spring?
> >
> > John
> >
> > At 11:33 AM 8/21/2008, you wrote:
> >
> >>We are using JSF 1.2, MyFaces 1.2.2, Spring, Hibernate
> >>One of the biggest problems of JSF appears to be that it requires that
>most
> >>backing beans be placed into session scope.
> >>
> >>Is there anything you can do on the technical side to work around these
> >>problems that stem from storing e.g. a ListDataModel in the session? How
>do
> >>you handle master detail views and paging in tables without conflicts
> >>between multiple browser windows sharing the same session?
> >>
> >>How do you sell the limitation to one browser window per user to your
> >>customers?
> >>
> >>Its too late in the project to use MyFaces Orchestra . So please any other
> >>pointers/suggestions will be highly recommended.
> >>
> >>Here is what we are thinking in terms of Solution
> >>Solution Proposal:
> >>1)Is it possible to disable File-> New Window in case of IE and File->
New