myfaces-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alexandre Corrêa Barbosa" <alexandre.cor...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error using facelets with Myfaces
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 20:02:40 GMT
Hi Leonardo,

I doesn't even knew there was a maven archetype for that. To be honest, I
knew too little about Maven. But thanks to you, I've digged into Maven, and
seen how much time I've lost. Thanks man.

But, back to my original problem. I've created the simplest project using
the faces+facelets archetype, created the war package (mvn package) and
deploy it into my jboss AS. And the same problem arises for every facelet in
the application. The application seems to work properly, but I have those
ugly messages in my log.

Does anyone seen this in other application servers? (Tomcat, Jetty, etc)?
Any help?

Thanks guys,
Alexandre

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Leonardo Uribe <lu4242@gmail.com> wrote:

>
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Alexandre Corrêa Barbosa <
> alexandre.correa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I've been trying to configure facelets to use with myfaces 1.2.3. I'm
>> able to render a simple page, but when checking the log, I see these errors:
>>
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,236 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
>> j_id0
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,241 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id0
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,245 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
>> j_id0
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,249 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
>> component j_id0
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,253 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
>> j_id1
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,257 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id1
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,257 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
>> j_id1
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,258 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
>> component j_id1
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,258 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
>> j_id2
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,259 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id2
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,259 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
>> j_id2
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,259 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
>> component j_id2
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,260 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
>> j_id3
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,260 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id3
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,261 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
>> j_id3
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,261 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
>> component j_id3
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,262 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
>> j_id4
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,262 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id4
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,262 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
>> j_id4
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,263 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
>> component j_id4
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,263 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
>> j_id5
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,264 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id5
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,264 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
>> j_id5
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,264 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
>> component j_id5
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,265 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
>> j_id6
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,265 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id6
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,265 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
>> j_id6
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,266 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
>> component j_id6
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,266 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property facetCount of component
>> j_id7
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,267 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property family of component j_id7
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,267 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendererType of component
>> j_id7
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,267 ERROR [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils]
>> javax.faces.FacesException: Could not get property rendersChildren of
>> component j_id7
>> 2008-08-04 15:49:21,268 TRACE [org.apache.myfaces.util.DebugUtils] View
>> after rendering
>> ========================================
>> <UIViewRoot id="NULL" afterPhaseListener="NULL" beforePhaseListener="NULL"
>> facetCount="0" family="javax.faces.ViewRoot" locale="pt_BR"
>> renderKitId="HTML_BASIC" rendered="true" rendererType="NULL"
>> rendersChildren="false" transient="false"
>> viewId="/layout/layoutTemplate.xhtml">
>>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id0"
>> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f771851" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
>> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
>> transient="true"/>
>>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id1"
>> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f77185e" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
>> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
>> transient="true"/>
>>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id2"
>> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f771878" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
>> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
>> transient="true"/>
>>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id3"
>> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f771812" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
>> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
>> transient="true"/>
>>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id4"
>> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f771878_1" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
>> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
>> transient="true"/>
>>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id5"
>> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f77180c" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
>> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
>> transient="true"/>
>>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id6"
>> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f771878_2" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
>> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
>> transient="true"/>
>>   <com.sun.facelets.compiler.UIInstructions id="j_id7"
>> com.sun.facelets.MARK_ID="7f77185e_1" facetCount="NULL" family="NULL"
>> rendered="true" rendererType="NULL" rendersChildren="NULL"
>> transient="true"/>
>> </UIViewRoot>
>> ========================================
>>
>>
>> By what I've understood, myfaces can't retrieve the properties from the
>> facelets components. Below is the page I'm loading:
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
>> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
>>     "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>> <html
>>     xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>>     xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
>>     xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
>>     xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" >
>>
>> <f:view contentType="text/html" >
>> <head>
>>     <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
>>
>>     <title>Main page</title>
>> </head>
>>
>>
>> <body>
>>     <div id="header">
>>         <table id="headerTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0 ">
>>             <tr>
>>                 <td align="left">Project Title</td>
>>                 <td align="right">Participants</td>
>>             </tr>
>>         </table>
>>     </div>
>>
>>     <ui:insert name="menu">
>>         <div id="menu">
>>         </div>
>>     </ui:insert>
>>
>>     <div id="content">
>>         <ui:insert name="mainContent">
>>             Main Page
>>         </ui:insert>
>>     </div>
>>
>>     <div id="footer">
>>         Mail to support in case of problems
>>     </div>
>> </body>
>>
>> </f:view>
>> </html>
>>
>>
>> I'm using JBoss 4.2.2. Does someone has a hint on what I'm doing wrong?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Alexandre
>>
>> --
>> Alexandre Corrêa Barbosa
>> http://log4dev.com - Blog para computeiros
>> http://job4dev.com - Procurando emprego?
>>
>
> Hi
>
> Have you tried to use myfaces maven archetypes? There is an archetype that
> has myfaces + facelets already configured.
>
> try this:
>
> mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://myfaces.apache.org
>
> then it ask for groupId, artifactId, version and packageName and that's
> all.
>
> to run just
>
> mvn clean jetty:run
>
> and look localhost:8080
>
> regards
>
> Leonardo Uribe
>
>
>


-- 
Alexandre Corrêa Barbosa
http://log4dev.com - Blog para computeiros
http://job4dev.com - Procurando emprego?

Mime
View raw message