myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Orchestra] conversions and AJAX calls
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:37:30 GMT
Hi Petr,

Juza Petr schrieb:
> Hello,
> I have please problem with conversations and AJAX calls.
> I use grid view component from NetAdvantage
> (http://java.samples.infragistics.com/NetAdvantage/JSF/2008.1/featurebro
> wser/webgrid/rowSelection/index.faces) that is AJAX-based (pagination,
> sorting).
>
> I have detail page with one grid view. There is detailBean related to
> detail page set with "conversation.access" scope.
>
> I see from logs this behavior:
> 1) user visits detail page, conversation starts
> 2) user clicks to go to next page on grid view, AJAX call is processed
> -> conversation is deleted!
> 3) user clicks to go to next page on grid view -> error occures because
> detailBean has wrong data, because new conversation is created.
>
> I don't know why this happen because detailBean is called during AJAX
> call.
>
> I also attach some HTTP headers from AJAX call:
> (Request-Line)	POST /rmt/assetDetail.faces?conversationContext=1
> HTTP/1.1
> Host	localhost:8080
> Keep-Alive	300
> Connection	keep-alive
> Content-Type	application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
> Referer
> http://localhost:8080/rmt/assetDetail.faces?conversationContext=1
> Content-Length	19939
> Cookie	JSESSIONID=010F3FDC8F110E8A52707E12EDBD4672
> Pragma	no-cache
> Cache-Control	no-cacheconversation.access
>
> I would appreciate any help.
> Thank you in advance,
> PETER

First, when sending emails to the myfaces list, please put the project
name in the email subject. We now have a lot of different projects
sharing this mailing list, and that ensures that people can see which
emails are about the projects they are involved in. I've already
modified the subject line of this reply...

This is going to be a rather tricky one to diagnose I think.

You say "detailBean is called during AJAX call". Can you please provide
further details on this?

Please also enable debug-level logging for the category
"org.apache.myfaces.orchestra" and check those messages for anything useful.

Regards, Simon