myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Jan Baumann <jan.baum...@andrena.de>
Subject Re: JSF: Multiple browser windows sharing Same session
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 07:03:33 GMT
You could use a session wide page counter that you could store for
example in a hidden field. Each request increments the counter by one.
While this does not tell you exactly which window the request is from,
it would allow you to make sure the request is part of the current flow
of pages and does not originate from an older page which may have used
older / different data. While not very elegant it is a rather simple
approach that does not need request scope, other frameworks or a big
overhead and it does prevent the multi window errors I could think of.

Cheers

Jan