myfaces-users mailing list archives

From René van Wijk <rw...@Transfer-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: Partial Page Rendering using Trinidad does not work on Weblogic 10
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:33:39 GMT
Hi Matthias,

When I rebuild the trinidad project, I get an unsupported class version error when I run it
again. Could you please send me a version of a Trinidad build with your patch in it.

Thank you in advance

	-----Original Message-----
	From: mwessendorf@gmail.com on behalf of Matthias Wessendorf
	Sent: Tue 8/5/2008 12:35 PM
	To: MyFaces Discussion
	Subject: Re: Partial Page Rendering using Trinidad does not work on Weblogic 10

	On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 12:19 PM, René van Wijk
	<rwijk@transfer-solutions.com> wrote:
	> Hi Matthias,
	>
	> First, thanks for your reaction. I tried Trinidad 1.0.9 on WebLogic 10 but unfortunately
no luck, still the same issue.

	that indicates there is no fix on the svn :-)

	> The hack you proposed where I find the XmlHttpServletResponse, that is in what
	> package is it located?

	here is my temporary modified file:

	/*
	 *  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
	 *  or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
	 *  distributed with this work for additional information
	 *  regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
	 *  to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
	 *  "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
	 *  with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
	 *
	 *  http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
	 *
	 *  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
	 *  software distributed under the License is distributed on an
	 *  "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
	 *  KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
	 *  specific language governing permissions and limitations
	 *  under the License.
	 */
	package org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.config.xmlHttp;

	import java.io.IOException;
	import java.io.PrintWriter;

	import javax.servlet.ServletOutputStream;
	import javax.servlet.ServletResponse;
	import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper;

	import org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.logging.TrinidadLogger;
	import org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.ppr.XmlResponseWriter;

	@SuppressWarnings("deprecation")
	final class XmlHttpServletResponse extends HttpServletResponseWrapper
	{
	  XmlHttpServletResponse(ServletResponse response)
	  {
	    super((HttpServletResponse)response);

	    _contentType = "text/xml;charset=utf-8";

	    // must set contentType here since
	    // setContentType is ignored when inside an included page (bug 5591124)
	    this.setContentType(_contentType);
	  }

	  @Override
	  public void sendRedirect(
	    final String url) throws IOException
	  {
	    XmlHttpConfigurator.__sendRedirect(getWriter(), url);
	  }

	  @Override
	  public ServletOutputStream getOutputStream()
	    throws IOException
	  {
	    ServletOutputStream base = super.getOutputStream();
	    return new XmlOutput(base).getOutputStream();
	  }

	  @Override
	  public PrintWriter getWriter() throws IOException
	  {
	    PrintWriter base = super.getWriter();
	    return new XmlOutput(base).getWriter();
	  }

	  @Override
	  public void setContentType(final String type)
	  {
	    // the reason we're using XmlHttpServletResponse is because
	    // we're producing a ppr xml response, so ignore any
	    // attempts to set the contentType, since the contentType
	    // must be text/xml:
	    _LOG.finer("ignoring setContentType:{0}", type);
	    super.setContentType(_contentType);
	  }

	  @Override
	  public void sendError(final int sc) throws IOException
	  {
	    sendError(sc, null);
	  }

	  @Override
	  public void sendError(final int sc, final String string) throws IOException
	  {
	    PrintWriter writer = getWriter();
	    XmlResponseWriter rw = new XmlResponseWriter(writer, "UTF-8");
	    rw.startDocument();
	    rw.startElement("error", null);
	    rw.writeAttribute("status", sc, null);
	    rw.writeText(string, null);
	    rw.endElement("error");
	    rw.endDocument();
	    rw.close();
	  }

	  private String _contentType = null;
	  static private final TrinidadLogger _LOG =
	    TrinidadLogger.createTrinidadLogger(XmlHttpServletResponse.class);
	}

	can you "patch" it on your machine and please let me know if that
	fixes the issue.

	Thanks,
	Matthias

PPR
	>        >>> stuff etc.
	>        >>> Trinidad was overhauled to do "real" ajax for ppr (well still uses
	>        >>> iframe for files).
	>        >>>
	>        >>> -Matthias
	>        >>>
	>        >>> [1] http://people.apache.org/~matzew/core109/
	>        >>>
	>        >>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 9:31 AM, René van Wijk
	>        >>> <rwijk@transfer-solutions.com> wrote:
	>        >>>> When deploying an application build with Trinidad components
on a Weblogic
	>        >>>> 10 server the partial page rendering is not working properly.
For example,