myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Christian Kaltepoth <li...@kaltepoth.de>
Subject Re: Table rows without table
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 04:40:10 GMT
On Sunday 10 August 2008 21:22:05 Markus Mehrwald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> actually this is not really a MyFaces problem but hopefully someone can
> help me although.
> I have got a panel grid with two columns and a few rows. In this panel
> grid I want to have something like a data table or a data list but not
> as separate table in a column of the panel grid but only the rows i. e.
> without a own <table> tag.
> I tried to implement my own iterator which writes only <tr> and <td>
> tags without the <table> tags because I have already <table> tags from
> the panel grid. Unfortunately the panel grid always creates <table> tags
> around my iterator.
> Hopefully a small illustration will be helpfully for understanding what
> I want:
>
> Thank you for any kind of help!

There are several ways to achieve this:

* Use Tomahawks extended datatable with embedded="true". This prevents
rendering of HTML table tags and just renders simple rows.

See: http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/tlddoc/t/dataTable.html

* Use Tomahawks dataList component with layout="simple". This will simply
render all children for each row, so you will have to render the <tr> and

See: http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/tlddoc/t/dataList.html

* If you are using facelets, you could also use <ui:repeat>

See: https://facelets.dev.java.net/nonav/docs/dev/docbook.html#template-repeat

Kind regards

Christian