myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Christian Kaltepoth <li...@kaltepoth.de>
Subject Re: Replacing expression factory
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2008 09:28:57 GMT
On Thursday 07 August 2008 12:08:00 XMaNIaC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In JSF-RI you can:
>
> <context-param>
>    <param-name>com.sun.faces.expressionFactory</param-name>
>    <param-value>org.jboss.el.ExpressionFactoryImpl</param-value>
> </context-param>
>
> to use JBOSS-EL and have method invocation. Is this possible in MyFaces?
>
> Regards

Very interesting question. I just did some code research to find out if
there is some possibility to define a custom ExpressionFactory implementation.

I found the context parameter 'org.apache.myfaces.EXPRESSION_FACTORY'.
But to my surprise this parameter is only evaluated in a JSP 2.0 environment.
It was introduced in order to make MyFaces 1.2.x work with JSP 2.0. See
MYFACES-1693 for details.

I think it would be a great improvement for MyFaces to support this parameter
in a JSP 2.1 environment as well. This feature would allow to use other EL
implementations like JBoss EL.

See:

http://www.ilikespam.com/blog/el-function-parameters-with-jboss-el