myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Christian Poecher <christian.poec...@mailinator.com>
Subject [Trinidad] TreeTable fires actionListener too often
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:15:51 GMT

Hi there,

I introduced the trinidad components (1.0.8) in our project based on myfaces
1.1.5. Especially I wanted to use the TreeTable to show ordered data. The
Tree starts like this:

	value="#{bhcManagementByCategoryForm.model}" rendered="true"
	rootNodeRendered="false">
	<f:facet name="nodeStamp">
			<f:facet name="header">
			</f:facet>
	</f:facet>
		<f:facet name="header">
		</f:facet>
		<h:commandLink action="details" actionListener="#{slaBean.selectSla}">
			<h:outputText value="#{node.data.id}" />
			<f:param name="detailId" id="detailId" value="#{node.data.id }" />
		</h:commandLink>

As you see there is a h:commandLink in the table which also has a parameter
to it. The idea is that the slaBean, a session scoped backing bean executes
the selectSla method, which then reads the detailId parameter and uses a
kind of copy constructor to copy the contents of a loaded slaBean object
into the session scoped instance.

What I currently don't understand is why the slaBean.selectSla method is
called as often as the displayed number of rows. In case of my development
envioronment that is 83 times, in production probably more often. Can
someone enlighten me, what I am doing wrong here?

TIA,
Chris