myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Martin Ahrer <martin.ah...@gmx.at>
Subject [WebSphere] Running JSF 1.2 RI on WebSphere 6.1
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 12:35:57 GMT

I'm currently trying to migrate a Seam/JSF 1.2 app from JBoss to WebSphere
6.1 (with built-in JSF RI 1.1).
Earlier postings are discussing myfaces problems on WebSphere. So I was
wondering if anybody has some experience with this and can help trouble
shooting.

For troublehooting I have created a simple web app with JSF RI 1.2. But
already during startup I get a nasty exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Application was not properly initialized at
startup, could not find Factory: javax.faces.context.FacesContextFactory.
class loading policy is already set as parent_last. Also (according to other
hints from other forums) )I have tried to add various listeners like
ConfigureListener, WebappLifecycleListener.

-----
http://www.martinahrer.at/blog http://www.martinahrer.at/blog