myfaces-users mailing list archives

From simon <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject MyFaces Core 1.1.6-rc1 release candidate available for testing
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 06:24:31 GMT
Hi All,

A release candidate for MyFaces Core 1.1.6 (with version number
"1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT") has been made available for testing. The 1.1.x
line of releases implements the (old) JSF1.1 specification. The
artifacts can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-api/1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT/
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/core/myfaces-impl/1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT/

The last release of Myfaces Core for JSF1.1 (version 1.1.5) was in Feb
2007. Since then a lot of changes have been made. Therefore for the
upcoming 1.1.6 release we have decided to build a "release candidate"
with version number 1.1.6-rc1 for wider testing.

We would very much appreciate people testing this *release candidate*
and reporting any *regressions* since the 1.1.5 release. Please do NOT
point out any bugs that also exist in the 1.1.5 release; it has been far
too long since the last release of Core 1.1.x and we need to get things
"rolling" again, so only regressions will be dealt with at this time.

Regressions should be discussed on the dev or user list, so they get
immediate attention. Please put the text "[core 1.1.6]" at the start of
the subject line of the email.

If you are using myfaces 1.1.x in production, then you really should
test this new artifact. Those who report problems *after* the release is
out may not get a lot of sympathy!

As the rc1 artifacts are in the standard apache snapshot repository,
maven users can test them by defining the apache snapshot repo
("http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository") in an active
profile in their settings.xml file then just referencing the artifact
from the pom.xml of their projects. For non-maven users, the jars can be
downloaded manually from the above locations.

If there are no significant regressions reported in the next couple of
weeks against 1.1.6-rc1-SNAPSHOT, then the final artifacts for a 1.1.6
release will be built and a release vote called (on the dev list). You
can "vote" on this thread if you like, but these "-rc1" artifacts are
not intended for release; the "real" vote will be later.

Regards,
Simon
(on behalf of Lenardo Uribe)