myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Other" <christianbh...@alltel.net>
Subject labels and required indicators in column headers
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 19:14:34 GMT
When using a table/column/inputText combination, for example, how are people getting the inputText's
label and required indicator into the column heading?

I understand I can just place the expression for the label into the column's headerText attribute,
but I won't get the required indicator, so I wondered if there was some other way to make
this happen magically.

Also, generally speaking am I correct in thinking that required and showRequired are not connected
in any way? I saw some chatter about this, but as far as I can tell, even if a field is required,
the indicator will not be shown unless showRequired is true (barring any special circumstances
covered in another post using nested tables and such), correct?