myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Other" <christianbh...@alltel.net>
Subject [Trinidad] dynamic skin selection pointer
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2008 19:11:07 GMT
Somewhere on the Web, there is an example of using an EL expression in the trinidad-config
to select a skin family...something to the effect of:

    <skinFamily>#{sessionScope.skinFamily}</skinFamily>

We had a session scoped bean called userContext that would provide such a thing and simply
did this:

    <skinFamily>#{sessionScope.userContext.skinFamily}</skinFamily>

This does not work properly due to how this means of accessing a sessionScoped bean does not
instantiate the bean. The first time we loaded a page for a given session, the default-minimal
skin would be used. After that all was well. Change it to:

    <skinFamily>#{userContext.skinFamily}</skinFamily>

and it works fine. Just thought I'd save someone some time.