myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Guy Bashan <guy.bas...@gmail.com>
Subject [MyFaces][Core] Action problem
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:20:41 GMT
Hi,

Is there a way to skip validation, but still post data to bean?

For example:

I have a screen in which data can be inputted. I also have a link near one
of the drop downs: "add new". When pressing "add new" user should go to
another screen allowing to enter a new item. Then when saving new item user
is directed to previous screen while preserving the value when screen was
left.

All my beans are "request scope". So I thought to use another session bean
to preserve the data, and when user comes back to the screen, simply copy
the data from session to the member of the bean. But, I have a problem
posting the data to the bean, when validation is still not satisfied.

Any way of dealing with this issue in JSF?

Thanks,

Guy.