myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Guy Bashan <guy.bas...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [MyFaces][Core] Command Link in a datatable
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 21:28:32 GMT
The value of #{editableVideo.edit} is connected to a "selectBooleanCheckbox". When pressing
this checkbox, you can enter row to editable mode.
The code of the checkbox is:

<h:selectBooleanCheckbox value="#{editableVideo.edit}" onclick="submit();" />

Thanks,
Guy.

-----Original Message-----
From: weber.volker@googlemail.com [mailto:weber.volker@googlemail.com] On Behalf Of Volker
Weber
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2008 6:34 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [MyFaces][Core] Command Link in a datatable

Hi Guy,

2008/8/3 Guy Bashan <guy.bashan@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am having a weird behavior with commandLink in a datatable:
>
> I want that the command link will be rendered only if a select box of that
> row is checked (it is a select box used for editing the row).
>
> This is the code of the command link:
>
>       <h:column>
>
>         <f:facet name="header">
>
>           <h:outputText value="Action"/>
>
>         </f:facet>
>
>        <h:commandLink value="Save" action="#{videoList.save}"
> rendered="#{editableVideo.edit}">
>
>          <f:param name="videoId" value="#{editableVideo.video.videoId}" />
>
>        </h:commandLink>
>
>  </h:column>
>

> When I am pressing the "save" link, the page is posted but no action on the
> server is being activated.
>
> When I remove: rendered="#{editableVideo.edit}", "save" method is being
> called properly.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

What is the value of  #{editableVideo.edit} when you press the link?
Your problem looks like the value of
#{editableVideo.edit} changes between rendering and next request (the
save click) from true to false.
Maybe because you uncheck the selectbox before clicking the link?
A action is not executed if the rendered evaluates to false at request
processing time.

> Thanks,
>
> Guy.

Regards,

   Volker Weber

--
inexso - information exchange solutions GmbH
Bismarckstra├če 13 | 26122 Oldenburg