myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Guy Bashan <guy.bas...@gmail.com>
Subject [MyFaces][Core] Command Link in a datatable
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2008 13:44:27 GMT
Hi,

I am having a weird behavior with commandLink in a datatable:

I want that the command link will be rendered only if a select box of that
row is checked (it is a select box used for editing the row).

This is the code of the command link:

      <h:column>

        <f:facet name="header">

          <h:outputText value="Action"/>

        </f:facet>

       <h:commandLink value="Save" action="#{videoList.save}"
rendered="#{editableVideo.edit}">

         <f:param name="videoId" value="#{editableVideo.video.videoId}" />

       </h:commandLink>

 </h:column>

When I am pressing the "save" link, the page is posted but no action on the
server is being activated.

When I remove: rendered="#{editableVideo.edit}", "save" method is being
called properly.

Any ideas?

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,