myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerard Donnelly" <Gerard.Donne...@amt-sybex.com>
Subject RE: [Trinidad] Facelets, tr:treeTable and tr:inputDate
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:24:45 GMT
Hi Andrew,

Didn't realise that that was the case. Seems to be working though.

With the exception of <tr:convertDateTime>. Is this also related to
evaluation order?

Thanks,
Gerry

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Robinson [mailto:andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com]
Sent: 07 July 2008 17:45
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [Trinidad] Facelets, tr:treeTable and tr:inputDate

****** This Message Originated From The Internet Please Be Aware Of
Suspicious Attachments And Content ******

You cannot use c:set with a dataTable var. JSTL is evaluated at JSP
tag execution, treeTable var is only available during JSF lifecycle
processing

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Gerard Donnelly
<Gerard.Donnelly@amt-sybex.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have created a treeStructure component and used it as below. Ideally
I'd
> like to reuse the structure for tree models and bindings coming from
> different backing beans.

>       var="treeRow" binding="#{searchBean.bindings.flowTreeTable}"
>
>       summary="#{bundle.tb_sum_createFlow}" rowBandingInterval="1"
>
>       rendered="#{searchBean.fileData.cdffAvailable}"
>
>       initiallyExpanded="true">
>

>       <dts:treeStructure entity="#{treeRow}" />

> The tree structure itself is defined as :
>

> <ui:composition xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
>
>       xmlns:c="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"
>
>       xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
>
>       xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
>
>       xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad">
>

>       <c:set var="nodeType" value="#{entity['logicalType']}" />
>
>       <c:set var="nodeData" value="#{entity['data']}" />
>
>       <c:set var="nodeReadOnly" value="#{entity['readOnly']}" />
>
>       <c:set var="nodePrecision" value="#{entity['precision']}" />
>
>       <c:set var="nodeFormat" value="#{entity['format']}" />
>

>       <f:facet name="nodeStamp">

styleClass="MandatoryField-#{entity['mandatory']}"
> />

>       </f:facet>

>             <f:facet name="header">

>             </f:facet>

>                   rendered="#{nodeReadOnly}" />

>                   rendered="#{(nodeType['time'] || nodeType['string']
> nodeType['number']) and !nodeReadOnly}"
>
>                   maximumLength="#{nodePrecision}"
shortDesc="#{nodeFormat}"

>                   readOnly="#{nodeReadOnly}" />

>                   autoSubmit="true" rendered="#{nodeType['validSet']
and
> !nodeReadOnly}">

/>

>                   <f:selectItems value="#{entity['validSet']}" />

> autoSubmit="true"
>
>                   rendered="#{nodeType['date'] and !nodeReadOnly}"
>
>                   maximumLength="#{nodePrecision}"
> shortDesc="#{nodeFormat}">

>             <f:facet name="header">

>             </f:facet>

>                   partialTriggers="valSetChoice dateChoice" />

> </ui:composition>
>

> Everything appears to work fine except the <tr:convertDateTime>. It
seems to
> just ignore it and I end up with invalid date warnings.
>

> I've also tried passing the converter into the tag and putting in a
> <ui:insert> placeholder in the custom component but this doesn't have
any
> effect.
>

> Is there anything else I can try?
>

> Regards,
>
> Gerry
>
> P Please consider the environment before printing this email
>
> 1. The information contained in this E-mail, including any files
transmitted
> with it, is confidential and may be legally privileged. This E-mail is
> intended only for the personal attention of the stated addressee(s).
Any
> access to this E-mail, including any files transmitted with it, by any
other
> person is unauthorised. If you are not an addressee, you must not
disclose,
> copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information
contained
> in this E-mail or any files transmitted with it. Such unauthorised use
may
> be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please inform
the
> sender immediately and delete it and all copies from your system. You
may
> not forward this E-mail without the permission of the sender.
>
> 2. The views expressed in this E-mail are those of the author, and do
not
> necessarily represent the views of AMT-SYBEX. Internet communications
are
> not secure and AMT-SYBEX cannot, therefore, accept legal
responsibility for

http://www.amt-sybex.com