myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Burghard Britzke <b...@charmides.in-berlin.de>
Subject PPR Response Coding Problem with Glassfish
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 06:33:32 GMT
with the following environment:
Mac OS X 10.5.4
Sun AS 9.0.2 (Glassfish)
Java 1.5
Safari 3.1.2 and Firefox 3.0

configuration. A klick on one of the navigation buttons sends a
request (or two) to the server. But the response  is routed into an
empty case of a chained if statement in the js-function
_handlePprResponse() in file DebugCommon1_2_8.js.

20723 else
20723 {
20724 // FIXME: log an error
20725 }
20726}

This is because the rootNodeName is "parseerror". I checked the
documentElement which is passed to that function as a parameter. I
found the following:

<parseerror>
    XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: XML- oder Text-Deklaration nicht am
Beginn der Entit├Ąt Adresse:
    http://localhost:8080/test/faces/test.jspx Zeile Nr. 1, Spalte 40:
    <sourcetext>
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><?xml version="1.0" ?>
    </sourcetext>
</parsererror>

For the endusers it looks like they ran into TRINIDAD-1139. The only
difference is that the page is rendered as html 4.01 (not xhtml). and
with a server side logging the presence of successfull requests can be
monitored.
Is it possible to prevent double <?XML?> elements in the ppr response
by configuration?