myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Guy Bashan <guy.bas...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Datatable Filtering
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 17:32:23 GMT
I have a also encountered this problem many time, and haven't found any
reasonable way of doing it in JSF other than getting the value from the drop
down as a query parameter and generating the table data directly from the
getter.

For example:

private List data;

public List getTableData()
{
	if (data == null)
	{
		String selection = getQueryParameter("formData:myDropdown");
// The parameter can be taken from the faces context, I don't remember the
exact code now...
		data = myDAO.getTableData(selection);
	}

	Return data;
}

Hope it helps, or someone else give better solution.

Guy.