myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Guy Bashan <guy.bas...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: How to validate a <tr:table>
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 07:48:45 GMT
Hi,

Why not just writing the validation code in the action of the command
button?

<h:commandButton value="next" action="myBean.next" />

And in the bean:

..

..

public String next()

{

  If (rowSelected != null)

  {

    return "next";

  }

else

{

      FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().addMessage(

        null, new FacesMessage(FacesMessage.SEVERITY_ERROR, "Select row",
"Select row"));

  return null;

}

Guy.