myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to PPR-enable a facelet component?
Date Sun, 25 May 2008 13:17:42 GMT
Just a quick reply from my iPod:
1) don't use a4j if you don't have to. Mixing external Ajax code with
Trinidad is not recommended.
2) Use tr:panelGroupLayout to get PPR to work with as little HTML
possible (although it uses a SPAN instead of a DIV for the default
layout which sucks.

You need to have some HTML to be able to PPR as PPR is just that --
partial page refreshing/ replacing. You can acually PPR any component
as long as you know the client ID. It does not work on plain HTML tags
though (verbatim or in-line facelets). If you don't want to use
tr:panelGroupLayout the I would suggest making a custom component that
renders the root HTML tag that you desire.

As for Trinidad not being more declarative, I keep losing this battle.
There are a few people who would prefer to not support 3rd party
components at all and prefer that people use 100% trinidad. Others
don't want new PPR components, they feel that only renderkit oriented
components belong in Trinidad. I share neither of these views.
Trinidad is not just a renderkit, it is a full framework IMO. If you
agree with that as well, users need to ask for this functionality as
only popular opinion can win this debate.

-Andrew