myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pretty urls
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 15:32:47 GMT
On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Guy Bashan <guy.bashan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew, thanks a lot for your very serious answer.
>  I hope you are not too mad at me... ;-)

Don't worry about it. I sound angrier in email than I really am. I was
just a little bummed by the quick overview of my reply.

>  Maybe promoting these technologies on
>  MyFaces site will be a bit helpful.

I think MyFaces would probably like to achieve its own ownership of
this space eventually. JBoss is LGPL and not compatible with AL2. As a
result, MyFaces cannot ship addons or other libraries to integrate
with JBoss products like Seam. As a result, IMO, MyFaces is not the
proper place to be promoting other libraries. The best place to go
that I am aware of is http://www.jsftutorials.net/. I never spend much
time there at all just because it is a bit overwhelming (too much
info. if anything) and I don't have the time to tackle that much
content, but it should be really good for learning about JSF libraries
and techniques.

As for JSF, I definitely admit that it is very hard to setup a
bookmark friendly application, but at least there are some ways around
it. It is the pro and con of the complex JSF navigation system. The
application simply does not know what the next view ID will be until
after the POST back is processed. There are ways around this, but all
seem to have pros & cons. Perhaps someday some of us can help tackle
this with a controller type add on library here @ myfaces.