myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Yaron Spektor" <yaron.spek...@b6systems.com>
Subject setDisplayValueOnly does not work on HtmlSelectOneMenu
Date Sun, 11 May 2008 04:50:04 GMT
I appologize if this was sent twice, but I couldn't see the first one on
the list:

Hi,

I am running this simple example below trying to set the
setDisplayValueOnly on HtmlSelectOneMenu to true

It does print out: "in buildComboBox !!!!menu.isDisplayValueOnly:true"
but I still see the menu widget on the screen.

I am using MyFaces 1.1.6

import org.apache.myfaces.component.html.ext.HtmlSelectOneMenu;

private static UIComponent buildComboBox(List values, String
bindingValue, String idPrefix, int id, boolean immediate, String
defaultElection) {

            HtmlSelectOneMenu menu = new HtmlSelectOneMenu(); // combo
box

            ValueBinding binding = app.createValueBinding(bindingValue);

            menu.setValueBinding("value", binding);

            menu.setId(idPrefix + "_" + id);

             menu.setRequired(true);

            // populate the drop down list

            UISelectItems items = new UISelectItems();

            items.setValue(values); // add choices to list

            menu.getChildren().add(items);

            if(defaultElection!=null){

                  menu.setValue(defaultElection);

            }

            menu.setDisplayValueOnly(true);

            System.out.println("in buildComboBox
!!!!menu.isDisplayValueOnly:"+menu.isDisplayValueOnly());

            return menu;

      }

Any thoughts?

Thanks