myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "James Clinton" <James.Clin...@patsystems.com>
Subject RE: duplication POJO and JSF beans
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 08:15:46 GMT
Why don't you wrap or decorate the entity(pojo) where required?
Personally in this situation I would favor composition over inheritance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anton Gavazuk [mailto:antongavazuk@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 9:10 AM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: duplication POJO and JSF beans

Hi all,

I'm using JPA as persistence layer, and one of my modules contains
more then 50 entities.
Almost all of those entities (POJO) I must somehow show in UI.
But in UI some POJOs should have extra fields - value for this fields
is generated according to business logic, so the value is not a part
of actual entity.

Simple Example

CorePojo
   int a;
   int b;
   int generatedValue = businessFunction.(a,b);

I dont like approach when this "generated" value is being added to
core POJO with @Transient mark - on other hand I dont' want to create
in my JSF application copy of every original POJO with extra fields.
So the only one way which I see now - create new POJO for UI which
extends CorePojo and adds needed fields.

So my question is:
does someone come accross with same situation? How it can be resolved?

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient, use of the information contained in this e-mail (including disclosure,
copying or distribution) is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform the sender and delete
the message immediately from your system.  This e-mail is attributed to the sender and may
not necessarily reflect the views of the Patsystems Group and no member of the Patsystems
Group accepts any liability for any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail
(other than where it has a legal or regulatory obligation to do so) or for the consequences
of any computer viruses which may have been transmitted by this e-mail. The Patsystems Group
comprises Patsystems plc and its subsidiary group of companies.