myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Robert Newey <robert.ne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Newbie MyFaces/Tiles question
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 16:01:30 GMT
I just inherited a MyFaces project, and while I'm new to MyFaces, I like a lot of what I see.
But after digging into this application, I see that the JSPs are full of include tags that
I'd really like to replace with a Tiles-based approach. But if I'm reading various web pages
right, it seems like MyFaces support for Tiles is limited. For instance:

* There is a Tomahawk Tiles example project, but it seems to only support JSF 1.1.
* The Tiles 2.x web pages don't list MyFaces support.
* On JSFCentral I read an article posted last summer that Shales would have Tiles support,
and that there might be a GA release of Shales at 1.0.5, but it is still at 1.0.4.

Is that correct? To sum this up, what I'm really looking for is a recommendation on what technology
I should use to get Tiles-like (templating) support, given that the application is based on
MyFaces.

Thanks,
Bob