myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Friedrich <trini...@eekboom.com>
Subject Re: How to PPR-enable a facelet component?
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 22:50:09 GMT
Too bad - and a strange (or arrogant) philosophy.
If there aren't any technical issues I haven't yet understood, I think
such a feature/tag should be included.
Why be so inflexible and malignant considering other technologies?

Trinidad: All your html are belong to us?

That might perhaps have been an Oracle strategy, but it doesn't suite an
Open Source project that well.

My app does indeed use mostly Trinidad components.
PPR is a great feature and time saver.
I would not want to do without panelFormLayout.
Lighweight dialogs are desperately needed.

There are just a few cases where a couple of lines of html plus
some css saves me from creating custom renderers or jsf components
(like a highly creative process train (think "advertising agency
employee with a faible for photoshop")).