myfaces-users mailing list archives

From ben_p <ben.pres...@standardbank.com>
Subject Re: [Tobago] Popup and navigation
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 16:22:15 GMT

I hadn't tried this, but on your suggestion I have returned null and indeed
the popup window is displayed. However this does not solve my problem. The
popup is displayed and asks if the user wants to continue. If the answer is
yes/ok then I want to navigate to the next page. By returning null I have
lost that chance and am back at the original page.

By returning null however has taught me a bit about the JSF flow, it seems
that submit() completes before the popup will be shown. I guess what I
really want is the popup to be shown during the submit() method. and based
on the user input to the popup the submit() method will determine the
navigation.