myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Guy Bashan <guy.bas...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: [Myaces][Tomahawk] File Upload
Date Sun, 25 May 2008 10:06:09 GMT
I know,

I tried everything, putting my filter first, changing ExtensionsFilter code.
Nothing changes the weird behavior on production server. Locally all works
great.

Right now, I suspect that it is simply not related to Java/JSF but must be
something related with nginx.

Thanks,
Guy.

-----Original Message-----
From: simon [mailto:simon.kitching@chello.at]
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2008 12:31 PM
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [Myaces][Tomahawk] File Upload

On Sat, 2008-05-24 at 20:45 +0300, Guy Bashan wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I have been fighting with file upload with progress in a JSF form for
> over a week with no luck.
>
> To do the upload I am using my own filter, that process the upload and
> puts in the session the progress information.
>
> It seems like my filter is called only after Tomahawk extensions
> filter finishes the upload.
>
> Can I cancel Tomahawk file upload processing (I will handle the
> processing with my filter instead).

The servlet engine runs filters in the order in which the
<servlet-mapping> elements are defined in the web.xml file. This is
standard servlet stuff.

So if you want your servlet to run first, put its <servlet-mapping>
entry first. It should check whether this is a multi-part post. If so,
then do your custom handling and do not pass the request down.

Regards,
Simon