Hi All,

I’ve a MyFaces (1.1.4) Portlet deployed in jboss portal server.

First time I need to access this portlet from a non-JSF (jsp) page which sends a http post request with some request parameters.

The solution does not work when the request does not have any request parameter (works fine when accessed by a request with no request parameter).

When I try to read the request parameter(s) in the constructor of the managed bean they come as null.

I tried extending the processAction() method of MyFacesGenericPortlet. I read the request parameters from the ActionRequest and set them in RenderRequest using setRenderParameter (This anyway one has to do for a jsp based portlet implementation). With this approach I can read the request parameters in the constructor of the managed bean.

I would like to validate whether this is a known limitation of MyFacesGenericPortlet and the solution approach mentioned above is right one (or any other approach is recommended) ?

Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated.

Sourav