myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Andreina <andr3in...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 6 and myfaces 1.2
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 18:44:17 GMT
Hi, hope somebody could help me
This is the deal I've been using tomcat 5.5 and myfaces 1.1.3 but now i'm
trying to use richfaces (the latest release) and in some forum somebody told
my i should change the myfaces version so i've downloaded myfaces 1.2 but i
couldn't get my application run then I read that myfaces 1.2 and tomcat 5.5
are not compatible so i've downloaded tomcat 6, but i'm still having
problems by now i'm getting this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError - javax/servlet/jsp/jstl/core/Config

these are the jars i have on my web-inf/lib folder:

commons-beanutils-1.7.0
commons-codec-1.3
commons-collections-3.2
commons-digester-1.8
commons-discovery-0.4
commons-el 1.0
commons.lang 2.1
commons.logging 1.1.1

myfaces-api 1.2.2
myfaces-impl 1.2.2

besides the default libraries from tomcat 6.0

for what i've read it could be that i need some jstl.jar, but in the past i
didn't need it and everything worked fine

I don't know if i'm missing something or if it's not correct that the latest
richfaces release is not compatible with myfaces 1.1.3 and at the same time,
that myfaces release, it not compatible with tomcat 5.5

Hope somebody could give a hand and clearify some of my doubts

Thanks in advanced