myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help: panelTabbedPane+ server side tabswitch + submit
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 20:10:01 GMT
I already answered that. Non-visible tabs are not decoded, validated or updated.

Code:

public void processDecodes(javax.faces.context.FacesContext context)
   {
       if (context == null) throw new NullPointerException("context");
       decode(context);

       int tabIdx = 0;
       int selectedIndex = getSelectedIndex();

       Iterator it = getFacetsAndChildren();

       while (it.hasNext())
       {
           UIComponent childOrFacet = getUIComponent((UIComponent) it.next());
           if (childOrFacet instanceof HtmlPanelTab) {
               if (isClientSide() || selectedIndex == tabIdx) {
                   childOrFacet.processDecodes(context);
               }
               tabIdx++;
           } else {
               childOrFacet.processDecodes(context);
           }
       }
   }

Please read my full emails. With server-side switching the only way to
preserve request bean values on non-selected tabs is to use something
like t:saveState. If you don't like this, either (1) use client side
switching or (2) don't use request beans.

-A

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann
<lier@liermann-it.de> wrote:
> No, the bean is not the problem for me.
>
>  I would only, that all the user inputs from all tabs go into
>  the bean. How is that possible with the panelTabbedPane?
>
>  On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:24:25 -0600
>

>  "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >You asked how to maintain the values in the beans, not the user input
>  >values. That is why I suggested saveState.
>  >
>  >On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 3:43 AM, Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann
>  ><lier@liermann-it.de> wrote:
>  >> Thanks for the information, but t:saveState is not
>  >>  required, because the panelTabbedPane holds the user input
>  >>  between tab switches.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>  On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 07:54:55 -0600
>  >>   "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com> wrote:
>  >>  >With server side switching the other tabs are not rendered. If they
>  >>  >are not rendered, they cannot be submitted. If they are not submitted
>  >>  >they cannot be converted or validated or updated.
>  >>  >
>  >>  >Use t:saveState if you want to hold onto request scope variables for
>  >>  >non-rendered or disabled components.
>  >>  >
>  >>  >On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann
>  >>  ><lier@liermann-it.de> wrote:
>  >>  >> Hi,
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  (Sorry, I can not speak english)
>  >>  >>  I'm using MyFaces 1.1.5 and tomahawk 1.1.6.
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  I would like to split several hundred fields in severals tabbed
panels.
>  >>  >>  The form tag surrounds the panelTabbedPane.
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  If I click on submit button, only the fields of the active tabbed
panel are converted.
>  >>  >>
>  >>  >>  What must I do so that also the fields from the inactive tabbed
panels are transmitted into my objects?