myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update model values is executed without a proper h:form element
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:38:11 GMT
The form just produces an HTML form. All UIComponents in the tree are
decoded, validated and updated per the specification. I believe that
the core input* and select* controls do not update if the
submittedValue for an EditableValueHolder is null. Therefore, you
should check to see what form values are being sent to the server and
if need be, check the decoding of the components to see if they are
getting a null or non-null value.

-Andrew