myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Robinson" <andrew.rw.robin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [tomahawk] clientside tree2 collapsed
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 16:21:56 GMT
Punting the question. I doubt anyone else will help, but maybe.
Honestly, I think tree2 is mostly a dead component, I don't think
there is a committer that is really maintaining it anymore. I seem to
be the one that answers most of its questions and I don't even use it.

Your best bet is to do the work yourself instead of asking for help.
Debug into the code for the tree 2 renderer in the decode method and
see how it is decoding the client state. *But* I think I know your
problem. I bet it is your <a4j:region/>. Let me give you some advise,
*never* re-render a component outside of an <a4j:region/> unless you
know the side effects and desire them. The <a4j:region/>, although a
helpful component, is a crude sledgehammer when it comes to
components. It prevents the decoding, validating and updating of
components. So in your case, by using an <a4j:region/> that doesn't
contain the tree, you are purposely making sure the tree's state is
lost.

My advise: (1) do not use client side toggle with the tree2 or (2)
remove your region or (3) add the tree to your region.

-Andrew