myfaces-users mailing list archives

From A <agia...@hotmail.com>
Subject [Trinidad] PannelTabbed One Page / Multiple Backing Beans
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:29:37 GMT

I have a problem that has proven to be a little difficult. I am interested in using the pannelTabbed
component to provide views of forms.Also, I would like the forms to use the same "named" backing
bean, but have theinstance of that backing bean be different based on the tab selection. For
example, tab1 corresponds to #{managedBean1},                   tab2 corresponds to #{managedBean2},
                 tab3 corresponds to #{managedBean3} managedBean1 and managedBean3 extend
Class BackingBeanAmanagedBean2 extends extends Class BackingBeanB ViewA.jspx relies on an
instance of BackingBeanAViewB.jspx relies on an instance of BackingBeanB  tabbed.jspx<tr:panelTabbed
id="panelTabbed1">  <tr:showDetailItem text="Tab 1" id="item1">    <f:subview
id="v1">     <jsp:include page="/viewA.jspx" flush="true"/>    </f:subview>
id="v2">     <jsp:include page="/viewB.jspx" flush="true"/>    </f:subview>
id="v3">    <jsp:include page="/viewA.jspx" flush="true"/>   </f:subview>
xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"              version="2.0"             xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad"
            xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core">        <tr:outputText value="#{someNamedBeanA.name}"
binding="#{someNamedBeanA.outputText1}"/>        <tr:outputText value="#{someNamedBeanA.nestedObjectA.dto.name}"
                             binding="# {someNamedBeanA.nestedObjectA.outputText1}"/></jsp:root>
viewB.jspx<?xml version='1.0' encoding='windows-1252'?><jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page"
             version="2.0"             xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad"
       xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core">        <tr:outputText value="#{someNamedBeanB.nestedObjectB.dto.otherName}"
                             binding="# {someNamedBeanB.nestedObjectB.outputText1}"/></jsp:root>
 I have tried the aliasBean from tomahawk, with the "hack" to get bindings to work, but the
value bindingsomeNamedBeanX.nestedObjectX.dto.name fails. I have tried facelets, and it seems
to work for the most part.However, I discovered a bug in treeTable while using facelets: Setting
the rowsByDepth property causes a ClassCastException. This sent a bad vibe my way, since we're
working in a pretty serious production environment,and cannot afford "little" anomalies.
Any help or ideas are much appreciated. Age
If you like crossword puzzles, then you'll love Flexicon, a game which combines four overlapping
crossword puzzles into one!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/208