myfaces-users mailing list archives

From A <agia...@hotmail.com>
Subject [Trinidad] PannelTabbed One Page / Multiple Backing Beans
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:07:33 GMT

Again, sorry the multiple posts:

I have a problem that has proven to be a little difficult.

I am interested in using the pannelTabbed component to provide views of forms.
Also, I would like the forms to use the same "named" backing bean, but have the
instance of that backing bean be different based on the tab selection.

For example, tab1 corresponds to #{managedBean1},
tab2 corresponds to #{managedBean2},
tab3 corresponds to #{managedBean3}

managedBean1 and managedBean3 extend Class BackingBeanA
managedBean2 extends extends Class BackingBeanB

ViewA.jspx relies on an instance of BackingBeanA
ViewB.jspx relies on an instance of BackingBeanB

tabbed.jspx

viewA.jspx

viewB.jspx

I have tried the aliasBean from tomahawk, with the "hack" to get bindings to work, but the
value binding
someNamedBeanX.nestedObjectX.dto.name fails. I have tried facelets, and it seems to work for
the most part.
However, I discovered a bug in treeTable while using facelets: Setting the rowsByDepth property
causes a
ClassCastException. This sent a bad vibe my way, since we're working in a pretty serious production
environment,
and cannot afford "little" anomalies.

Any help or ideas are much appreciated.

Turn every day into $1000. Learn more at SignInAndWIN.ca
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/213