myfaces-users mailing list archives

From dushyant agarwal <agarwal_dushy...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: tr:commandNavigationItem does not provide navigation in frames
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 06:08:35 GMT
Hi Andrew ,
Does that mean that I need to send my code to the post specifically for debug ??(It would
not be a problem if no other option's left !!)
Dushyant

Andrew Robinson <andrew.rw.robinson@gmail.com> wrote: goLink is specifically made to
not use an action. JSF actions are only
on ActionEvent generating components (typically command*).

could you use  around your nav links?

Really the best thing is to not find a work around but help us debug
the targetFrame problem so we can fix it if indeed there is a bug.

-Andrew

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:17 AM, dushyant agarwal
 wrote:
> Andrew,
> If it is a big all the way, Hoe should I by pass it.
>
> Please tell me what should I do to get the following working:
> Navigating to pages on the basis of selection in tr:breadCrumbs items.
>
> Can't I use button or link to provide navigation in frames??
> Can't I use action with tr:goLink??
>
> Dushyant.
>

> Andrew Robinson  wrote:
>  sounds like a bug if the targetFrame attribute of
> commandNavigationItem is not working
>
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:12 AM, dushyant agarwal
>  wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am using JDev 11g,JBoss 4.2.1, Trinidad 1.2.4.
> >
> > In my project I have top,bottom & center frames. I have a page in the
> center
> > frame that consists of a tr:commandNavigationItem component. I have
> provided
> > the "destination" as another page(target.jsp) and "targetFrame" as bottom
> > frame. However on clicking on it the navigation takes place to target.jsp
> in
> > the same frame(center).
> >
> > On the other hand on using a tr:goLink with the same attrinute values as
> > above provides the navigation. But tr:goLink does not have an action
> > attribute as tr:commandNavigationItem.
> >
> > I need to use tr:commandNavigationItem to navigate to another frame (as
> > tr:goLink). How can I do it???

> > Best Jokes, Best Friends, Best Food. Get all this and more on Best of
> > Yahoo! Groups.

>  Meet people who discuss and share your passions. Join them now.

 Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger.  Click here