myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <mario.buonop...@accenture.com>
Subject RE: [Orchestra] Explicit conversation starting and nested conversations
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 06:57:07 GMT
Hi, I have an application using a Managed Bean with scope HttpSession to
store informations. My customer want use IE Tabs or more browser windows
to use the same function simultaneously. For axample, suppose a Call
Centre to manage Claims. The user is inserting data for a Claim reading
from a paper, receive a call and start to insert a new Claim in a new
browser window (or tab). At the moment I have two browser using the same
HttpSession, the same function and same shared data and my application
does not work!

What I understood is that with Orchestra I can define a Managed Bean
with scope "Conversation" to store data but I need that the two windows
have two differents "Converstion ID" and, obviously, two separate
instande of the same Managed Bean used to store conversation data.

Ciao
Mario

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Ivankovits [mailto:mario@ops.co.at]
Sent: 1 aprile 2008 21.11
To: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: [Orchestra] Explicit conversation starting and nested
conversations

Hi!
> Just to be clear, what you're saying is that you can't use the same
view in
> more than one conversation at a time?

At the moment: yes!
As I wrote, this is something we will allow in the near future, but it
would require to have a page-flow configuration.
Hmmm .... probably the new refactored conversationContext will allow it
programmatically too, not sure yet.

Anyway, I wonder why this is such an important feature ... As I wrote, I
think most cases can work with "nested-conversation-emulation" (tm ;-) )
and that will be much better in terms of memory usage - and also lowers
the chance to work with stale objects if these conversations are bound
to a persistence context.

Can you please outline some use-cases so we can put them in
consideration about how to solve that?

Ciao,
Mario