myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Mark Jason G. dela Peña <shinji2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Apache Trinidad Chart won't load in FF/IE
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 08:59:32 GMT
Hello everyone,

I've been having a problem in making the tr:chart component work onFirefox and IE browsers.
I've tried many work-arounds and discoveredmany scenarios in the attempt of fixing the problem.

First scenario:
Using Firefox (native SVG-support enabled), no Adobe SVG Plugin

Thisis the original setup for my browser, and when I ran my web-app, thebrowser asked me to
do with the SVG (chart) file, whether to downloadit, open it up with some application, etc.
Of course none, of this workin loading the SVG chart in the web page.

I've checked (from Firebug) that the html element (embed) being rendered for the SVG object
includes the type attribute with the value of image/svg+xml, it indicated the plus sign and
not the minus sign.

I've ran the chart demo from irian.at, and the chart load just fine. Which I find weird.

Second scenario:
Using Internet Explorer with no Adobe SVG Viewer installed

This totally does not work and asks to install for the plugin.

Third Scenario:
Installed Adobe SVG Viewer 3 in Internet Explorer

Works like a charm, it rendered the SVG chart perfectly well.

Fourth Scenario:
Installed SVG Plugin for Mozilla Firefox, native browser support for SVG enabled

I've checked the plug-in site for Mozilla Firefox in mozilla.org, and as per the instructions,
downloaded the SVG plugin from Adobe (this one is versioned 6), copied the NPSVG6.dll and
NPSVG6.zip from the installation folder to Mozilla Firefox's plugins folder.

This workaround didn't work however, it still asks for me to select what to do with the SVG
document.

Fifth Scenario:
Installed SVG Plugin for Mozilla Firefox, native browser support for SVG disabled

This time, I disabled the svg-support inherent from Firefox itself. It no longer opens a Dialog
box to select an action for the SVG document, however, it still does not load the SVG chart.
It displayed the error message that I need a different version of web browser (IE, Firefox
1.5+, etc.)

Finally,
I stripped everything clean from where I started (no Adobe SVG Viewer plugin, native Firefox
SVG support enabled) and still NO GO. I am also no longer able to run the Components Demo
for charts seamlessly, can no longer load/view the chart.

As you can see, I'm at wits end on how to turn things around. Can anyone please help me out?
I assumed that Apache Trinidad was correctly used and configured in the web-application since
I can view the charts seamlessly in the third scenario.

I basically followed the codes from the source of the Components Demon for Charts components.

Thanks,
Jason DP

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No
Cost.