myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Torben Makowka <torben.mako...@topcom.de>
Subject [Trinidad] Problems with PPR and InputText
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:04:03 GMT
Hi all,

i'm currently facing a problem with PPR in a combination with a
tr:selectOneChoice and a tr:inputText.

The text component is filled with a new value when the choice component
is changed. This works so far. I want the new value of the textbox to be
saved to a db in the backing bean. When i click on the submit button, a
value _not_ entered in the textbox appears _before_ the submit action in
the backing bean is called (i debugged this with eclipse) and this value
is also saved to the db in the end. This new value is most often a jsf
component id (e.g. j_id_jsp_1271545289_86) or even the html component id
of the submit button(!). I played with binding the textbox to a variable
in my backing bean and doing a .resetValue() on it but this didn't solve
the problem.

There seems to be a problem with the new value being transferred to the
backing bean. The textbox gets filled with old/random values it seems.

Anyone got an idea what's going on here?

Thanks,
Torben