myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Friedrich <trini...@eekboom.com>
Subject Re: navigation/form: wrong url displayed in browser
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:58:17 GMT
You can't always show the same URL, but using the redirect-after-post pattern (similar
to the first solution sketched briefly in the myfaces wiki), is a standard solution.
Not only does it solve the "one-url-behind-problem", but it solves the problem of stupid
browser warnings when the user tries to refresh the page (e.g. presses f5).

See here for a nice article:
http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=RedirectAfterPost

Propagation of request parameters and faces messages is indeed a problem.
JBoss Seam solves this quite nicely using page scoped parameters and conversations.
I am not sure about the apache pendant "orchestra".