myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Müllan" <gmuel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Leak in saveState?
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 15:13:27 GMT
Hi Simon,

i think he has meant that gc is running too many times and slows the
system down when the weak refs are getting very high.
Which in turn occurs when many users have been interacting with the
application and therefore many views have been stored.

Well, maybe the approach with the weak references has to be
overhauled. I recently did some stuff with periodically fired ajax
requests
and recognized a kind of system freeze with 20 + users after some
time. After some profiling i was aware of the weak references
which raised to a huge amount. Per user 3-4 areas are refreshed some
times, each few seconds. Many many views are stored weak in
this case.

I plugged in my own StateManager without the weak references and the
problem seems to be gone. Sure thing, this ajax
scenario is not common, but it seems to show a major drawback.

cheers,

Gerald

--
http://www.irian.at