myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Oliver Becker ...@obqo.de>
Subject Re: JSF Value-Binding to Model Object doesnt work
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2008 11:01:10 GMT
Hi,
I'm not sure if I fully understand what you're trying to achieve.
However, here are some suggestions:

1. If you want to access one managed bean from another (here for
example fqdnBean from deviceBean) then you should simply declare
fqdnBean as a managed property for deviceBean. It is completely
irrelevant (or independent from the fact) that fqdnForm.xhtml is
included in deviceForm.xhtml.

2. Are you aware that your included fqdnForm.xhtml defines another
HTML body? This results in nested body elements in deviceForm which is
illegal HTML.

3. I can only guess what the h:inputHidden is for. If you try to save
the fqdn object to the next request then t:saveState is your friend.
This element should be placed before any other access to fqdnBean.fqdn
(particularly before the h:inputText).

Hope this helps,
Oliver