myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Christian Kölle <koellemcchr...@gmx.de>
Subject panelTabbedPane > submit on serverside tab-switching
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 19:03:58 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have a form containing a tomahawk panelTabbedPane which contains 4 tabbed
panels. All tabbed panels contain a lot of input-fields.

The problem is, as someone mentioned before 2 years ago, that the data
entered in the form on TAB_A will be lost, when I switch to TAB_B, provided
that server-side-tab-switching is activated. What I would like to have is a
feature which writes the data entered into JSF-bound-bean-properties before
the actual tabswitching is done (in other words, I need a submit before
tab-switching).

Please note that I would really like to use server-side tabb-switching, as
the tabs contain lots of data and the bandwidth is very limited.

Please also note, that I do not like to add a onvalueChange-JScript to all
input fields. (Somehow autoscroll does not work (to be investigated).)

Any ideas: What about a phase listener, which does this work manually?

Regards and thanks in advance.
Christian Kölle