myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Hansen" <hansen.chri...@gmail.com>
Subject [Trinidad] Modal tr:panelPopup issue in IE 7
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 23:19:37 GMT
First of all, I don't know much about CSS, so if this is purely a CSS issue,
I apologize.

I've noticed an issue on IE 7 (works fine in FireFox 2) that prevents the
user from doing anything within a modal tr:panelPopup (i.e. the area within
the popup is disabled just like the area outside of it). This has to do with
"position: relative;" in the CSS.

Here is a minimal example (sorry if the formatting is lost):
<pre>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
  xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"
  xmlns:h="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"
  xmlns:ui="http://java.sun.com/jsf/facelets"
  xmlns:tr="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad">

  <f:view>
modal="true">
  </f:view>

</pre>

I've noticed that the problem goes away if I remove the tr:form entirely or
move it outside of the div. Is this an issue with tr:panelPopup, tr:form, or
purely a CSS mistake/misuse?

Thanks,
Chris Hansen