myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Łukasz Budnik" <lukasz.bud...@gmail.com>
Subject general question: assigning/copying variables in view?
Date Sun, 09 Mar 2008 09:47:44 GMT
Hi All!

I have a problem with redundancy in my web application and I am
looking for a solution
to this problem.

Let's say I have an application to support the librarians. I have
following views: authorDetails.jsf, bookDetails.jsf,
bookOrderDetails.jsf.

All above listed views use the very same HTML elements.
It's huge redundancy, because they differ only by the value attribute
set in outputTexts.
For example, author's first name is retrieved from three different
managed beans:

authorMBean.author.firstName => in authorDetails.jsf
bookMBean.book.author.firstName => in bookDetails.jsf
bookOrderMBean.order.book.author.firstName => bookOrderDetails.jsf

Is there any method in MyFaces to assign /copy a variable like this:

<copy to="authorDetails" from="authorMBean.author" />
<copy to="authorDetails" from="bookOrderMBean.order.book.author" />

so that later on I could include one common JSP and display the
contents of authorDetails variable?

thanks in advance
best regards
Łukasz