myfaces-users mailing list archives

From <thomas.a...@mvv.de>
Subject AW: Why is the styleClass Property always overridden?
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:48:52 GMT
Hi Simon,
thanks for your reply

Well, I also tried the contentStyle attribute but again the only class that shows up in the
vlass Attribute of the rendered <input> tag is 'af_inputText_content'.
So it seems to me that the trinidad renderer overwrites what ever is ment to show up in the
class attribute with the auto-generated skinning-class.

Anyway, in this case I *have* to change the components attribute programmatically within a
custom renderer for the <h:messages>-tag. Components that are associatedt with thrown
FacesMessages should be visually highlighted by using a certain CSS-class. So I can't just
use binding on the styleClass-Attribute but have zo mnaipulate the component from within the
renderer.

As described above, it works for JSF standard components, but not for those from Trinidad,
so maybe i should focus on changing attributes of Trinidad-Components. Im not totally sure
how this is done the right way. Ijust can't use the attributes map, right? So I have to use
the FacesBean. How can I change properties on that?

I tried this, but it didnt work: