myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Doubt about ADF Faces & Trinidad
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 13:11:58 GMT
> Yeah, it took a while to get Trinidad out of incubation, but I think that
> good stuff needs time to mature.
> The Apache folks take good care that no rubbish appears on their website and
> that all projects are with
> a healthy community driving them. Frankly - I am quite thankful for this.
>
> * Oracle employees still do most of the work

but you have seen a flow of commits/patches coming in from other
people as well, if not, we should not have moved Trinidad out of the
incubator.

> "[...]I recently spent so much time debugging and trying to beat skinning
> into form, work around incompatibilities between Trinidad and Seam, etc.
> I ended up writing a couple of custom components for the core
> functionality.All in all the effort would have been smaller if I just went
> with JSP
> from the start[...]

my personal experience is that you can get very far with Trinidad in a
very short time-frame - this is also what RAD-contests show, where
very often, Oracle with JDeveloper is one of the winning teams. It
doesn't help to add a host of different technologies to the stack,
however.

regards,

Martin