myfaces-users mailing list archives

From Varun Shingal <varun.shin...@versata.com>
Subject [MyFaces] multiple components binding to same backing bean property
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:14:06 GMT
Hi

First a little background.I had developed a few of my own components and
was using the myFaces-1.1.3 jars till now. Everything worked fine for
this but I frequently got the problem of the duplicate id issue which
has been discussed in the forum before. I therefore moved to the
myFace-1.1.5 version and that is when the problem came up.

I have developed a tag, say <a:myTag> which supports the binding
attribute so Il have <a:myTag binding="#{bbean.prop}" value="One"/>. Now
suppose I want to have another tag in the same jsp<a:myTag
binding="#{bbean.prop}" value="Two"/>. Thus my jsp would have

<a:myTag binding="#{bbean.prop}" value="One"/>
<a:myTag binding="#{bbean.prop}" value="Two"/>

This leads to a JasperException in the page. It worked fine with 1.1.3
but gives the exception on moving to 1.1.5. If I remove any one of the
lines it works fine and if i change the property "prop" to which it is
bound then also it works fine. So something like this works:

<a:myTag binding="#{bbean.prop}" value="One"/>
<a:myTag binding="#{bbean.prop2}" value="Two"/>

Any idea where I could be going wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Varun