myfaces-users mailing list archives

From "simon.kitching@chello.at" <simon.kitch...@chello.at>
Subject Re: Orchestra beginner question: conversation.flash behaves like request scope
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:34:18 GMT
Stephan Frai schrieb:

> Hello,
>

> I am new to orchestra and just integrated it into my application.
>
> Myfaces 1.2.2
>
> Hibernate 3.2.5
>
> Spring 2.0.4
>

> I`m using plain Hibernate without JPA, so I took the integration
> provided at Google.
>

> Currently I am running into that problem that conversation.flash
> behaves like request scope.
>
> I have a 4 step workflow and one controller bean for that workflow:
>

> <bean id="regUserDirectPlanningController"
> class="com.playoli.ruplanning.jsf.RegUserDirectPlanningController"
>
>               scope="conversation.flash" depends-on="reservationJSF">
>
>             <property name="planningWorkflow"
> ref="regUserDirectPlanning"/>
>
>             <property name="reservationData" ref="reservationFormBean"/>
>
>             <property name="chainData" ref="timeChainJSF"/>
>
>             <property name="reservationConfirmation"
> ref="reservationJSF"/>
>
>             <property name="messageFormatter" ref="jsfMessageFormatter"/>
>
>             <property name="resourceManager" ref="resourceManager"/>
>
>             <!--
>
>             <property name="calendarJSF" ref="calendarJSF"/>
>
>              -->
>
>             <property name="reservationType"
> ref="simpleOrChainSelectionJSF"/>
>
>             <property name="reservationFactory"
> ref="reservationBeanFactory"/>
>
> </bean>
>

> The other beans that are referenced are either Singletons as they are
> Business Objects, or they are also conversation scoped as they are
> JsfBeans.
>

> My problem is, that for each step in my workflow a new empty
> regUserDirectPlanningController is created and i lose the internal state.
>
> In debugger I can see that the AOP proxies around the conversation
> scoped beans are properly created, so I think it`s kind of an
> configuration problem.
>

> Does this problem sound familiar to anyone?
>

> If needed I can provide more detailed infos about configuration.

You could try enabling debug level for the logging category

"org.apache.myfaces.orchestra.conversation.jsf.OrchestraAccessScopePhaseListener".

This is the class that is responsible for discarding access-scope
(formerly called "flash" scope) beans.

By the way, the name "flash" is now deprecated; "access" is the
preferred term. The old name should still work, but AFAIK all the
examples have been updated to the new name. Where did you see the old one?

Regards, Simon